Friday, January 25, 2013

ALWAYS Check your receipt!!

When I told my son I was starting a blog he asked, "Are you calling it Check Your Receipt?"  I have to chuckle because my family knows the process of the checkout.  I am very focused when checking out to make sure all coupons capture.  After we get through the line, we pull to the side to double check every price and coupon again.  I've seen about a 30% error rate, meaning about every 3rd receipt has something wrong on numerous retailer receipts.  Well, today paid off again!

FREE goes really good
with my deal on Pork Chops for $4.27?
Did ya know HyVee's policy for when something rings up wrong from what the sign say?  Well, you get it FREE.  So, when I saw the item ring up wrong, I just let it go.  Meanwhile, I'm wanting to jump in the air with my hands up (like they did in the old Toyota commercial and scream Toyota!) But, kept my composure knowing this error would give my bottom line a positive swing.  I call it keeping them on their toes to make sure their systems are on the up and up.  

Kraft Fresh Take Mix should have been $2, but instead rang up for $2.69. I also used $1 off coupon, so ideally paid $1.69 for it.

I headed over to customer service to settle up.  I think it's worth it to stand in line for an extra minute to get $2.92 back into my pocket and the item FREE.  What do you think?  It pays to be the micro manager of your grocery bill!  How much do you think stores add to their bottom line when the price swings in their favor?  Hmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment